EATOO LTD. (company number 12051830) (“Eatoo”) is the data controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that we decide why and how your personal information is processed.
Information that we collect from you
When you visit our Website, register an account or make an order through the Website, and/or if you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise, the categories of information that we may collect about you and the way in which we collect it are as follows:
Personal information you give to us: This is information about you that you voluntarily give to us by entering information via our Website and/or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This may consist of the following categories of information:
- Contact details (such as telephone and mobile numbers and email address)
- Address for delivery purposes
- Payment information (such as credit or debit card information).
- Promotional source (e.g. advert, press, referral) of how you heard about Eatoo
- Legal information relating to claims made by you or against you or the claims process
- Information contained in our correspondence or other communications with you about our services or business
- Your marketing preferences
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. If you complete any surveys that we ask you to participate in, or you give any feedback, we will collect your information in these circumstances as well. The information we collect from surveys will generally be on an anonymous basis, however you may be asked to leave your contact details if you would like us to respond to you.
Personal information we collect about you: We may automatically collect information about you and technical formation about your visits to our Website, about your computer or mobile device, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform, location data, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources you access on our Website, anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes or use of mobile vouchers, mobile payment methods, time zone setting, your device IMEI and other technical information about your device. This information may be collected by cookies placed on our Website – please see Cookies for more information.
Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the Website through your mobile device(s) via any mobile application, through your mobile's browser or otherwise.
We use Google Analytics and we receive information about our users from them.
Use of your information
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are explained below.
Administration of our Website and performance of our contract with you or to take steps to enter into it. The information you give to us is necessary to enable us to
- process and fulfil your Order (including acknowledging your order and communicating with you if there is any issue regarding the fulfilment of your order);
- make sure your Order is delivered correctly;
- contact you to send you status updates about your Order;
- maintain your account;
- bill you;
- credit checking or screening
- authentication and identity checks
- credit, debit or other payment card verification and screening;
- debt collection;
Our legitimate interests or that of a third party for the following purposes:
- for analysis to inform our marketing strategy, help us understand how our website is used, and to enhance and personalise your customer experience (including to improve the recommendations we make to you on our website);
- carry out research to develop and improve our services; and
- to correspond or communicate with you for your views of our services;
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- for prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- for assessing the quality of our service and to provide staff training within the business;
- to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services.
- for the management of queries, complaints, or claims; and
- for the establishment and defence of our legal rights.
Compliance with a legal obligation. We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
- to carry out fraud prevention checks and to comply with other regulatory requirements that apply to us;
- to assist any public authority or criminal investigation body;
- to identify you when you contact us; and/or
- to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you.
Consent. We will ask for your consent to send you direct marketing communications. Please see Marketing below for more information, including how to withdraw your consent. Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you including services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) as well as by email.
Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may also share information with third parties (including those in the food, drink, leisure, marketing and advertising sectors) to use your information in order to let you know about goods and services which may be of interest to you (by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) and/or email) and to help us analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way or change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know by using the contact details set out below and/or amending your profile accordingly.
In order to improve your customer experience with us we want to keep you up-to-date on our latest news, promotional offers and events. We will only contact you with marketing materials if you have consented to this, and only via the methods to which you have consented (e.g. electronic means (email or text)/post/telephone). We may collect your preferences to receive marketing information about Eatoo directly from us in the following ways:
- when you register for an account with us online and indicate that you would like to receive such marketing from us;
- when you opt in to receive marketing communications by updating your preferences in your account area; and
- when you refresh your marketing preferences when responding to a request from us to do so from time to time.
We may use the information you provide and the information we collect about you to build a picture of your interests so that we may tailor our communications to you to ensure they are relevant and of interest to you and so that when you visit our Website we can tailor your experience with us.
You have the right to withdraw your consent (opt out) at any time to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes. Please see Withdrawing your consent and Objecting to our use of your personal information below for further details on how you can do this.
Data Anonymisation and Use of Aggregated Information
Your information may be converted into statistical or aggregated data in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from it. Aggregated data cannot be linked back to you as a natural person. We may use this data for analytical and research purposes.
This information may be collected by cookies placed on our website – please see Cookies for more information.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Eatoo that you have placed your Order with so that we can process and deliver it to you.
- Third parties who undertake various activities to promote and support our Services. This includes website and application support and hosting providers, marketing service providers, [eCRM partners like Privy who manage our marketing emails and push notifications], [companies like [insert details if relevant] who send you text messages when your Order is on its way, delivery companies who deliver your Order to you, and payment processing providers which process payment card transactions.
- We may share information with carefully selected third parties, marketing and advertising companies, who may contact you about goods or services that may be of interest to you. They may contact you by telephone, SMS as well as by email. We will only share your information with these third parties if you have given your consent. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by amending your profile accordingly. If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we don’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
- If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold in part or as a whole to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce our Website Terms and any other agreements; or to protect the rights of Eatoo or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- Any other person provided that you have given your consent to the disclosure. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Where we store your personal data
The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our secure servers which are located within the European Economic Area (EEA).
The third parties listed under ‘Disclosure of your information’ may be located outside of the EEA or they may transfer your information outside of the EEA. Those countries may not have the same standards of data protection and privacy laws as in the UK. Whenever we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that information to protect your personal data to the standard required in the UK. We may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing. Any third parties transferring your information outside of the EEA must also have in place appropriate safeguards as required under data protection law.
Security and links to other sites
We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will keep your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will put in place reasonable and appropriate controls and security features to prevent unauthorised access, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration.
Our Website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy does not apply to those other websites‚ so we encourage you to read their privacy statements. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links that we provide. In addition, if you linked to our Website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
Access to information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under the Laws. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within one month from either (i) the date that we have confirmed your identity or (ii) where we do not need to do this because we already have this information, from the date we receive your request.
- Accessing your personal information. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
- Correcting and updating your personal information. The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know. You can also update your by logging into your online account.
- Withdrawing your consent. Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can do so using our unsubscribe tool in the relevant communication or you can change your marketing preferences in your account area on our website. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful.
- Objecting to our use of your personal information. Where we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information you may object to us using your information for these purposes. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information, we will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under the Laws, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
- Automated decisions. In certain circumstances, you may contest a decision made about you based on automated processing.
- Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing. In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems. Unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request. You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal information where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so, you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings. In these situations, we may only process your personal information whilst its processing is restricted if we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company or in connection with legal proceedings.
- Transferring your personal information in a structured data file (“data portability”). Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract you may ask us to provide you with a copy of that information in a structured data file. We will provide this to you electronically in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form, such as a CSV file. You can also ask us to send your personal information directly to another service provider, and we will do so if this is technically possible. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
- Complaining to the UK data protection regulator. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit the ICO’s website for further details. If you have concerns about the way we have handled your personal information, we encourage you to contact us and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect it unless we believe that the law or other regulation requires us to preserve it.
If you have registered an account with Eatoo we will store your personal information for as long as your account is open. We regularly review inactive accounts and actively initiate reactivation of your account by sending you reminders. If your account is dormant for more than 3 years we will close your account and delete your account information data.
If you have signed up to receive email marketing from us we will store your personal information for as long as you are subscribed to our email marketing list (even if your account has been closed). If you unsubscribe or your account is closed, we will keep your email address on our suppression list to ensure that we do not send you marketing emails.
If you have contacted us with a complaint or query we will store your personal information for as long as is reasonably required to resolve your complaint or query.
If you object to us processing certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications from us), we will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
The exceptions to the above are where:
- we need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims or to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement;
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law or you exercise your right to require us to retain your personal information for a period longer than our stated retention period (see further right to restrict processing above); or
- in limited cases, the law permits us to keep your personal information indefinitely provided we put certain protections in place.
Cookies is a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website Places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Eatoo to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.